Information for the public

Your care team

Your care team

A range of professionals who specialise in different areas of treatment or support may be involved in your care. These could include specialist doctors and specialist nurses, people providing social care support or working in housing support services, as well as your GP.

Working with you

Your care team should talk with you about TB. They should explain any tests, treatments or support, and their risks and benefits, so that you can decide together what is best for you. You should be encouraged to be involved in your care from the start. If you are an adult, your family or carer can be involved in helping to make decisions, but only if you agree.

If you are a child or young person, your parent or carer may be involved in helping to make decisions depending on your age.

There are questions listed in each section that you can use to help you talk with your care team.

You may also like to read NICE's information for the public on patient experience in adult NHS services. This sets out what adults should be able to expect when they use the NHS. We also have more information on the NICE website about using health and social care services.

Some treatments or care described here may not be suitable for you. If you think that your treatment doesn't match this advice, talk to your care team.

  • Information Standard