Vismodegib (Erivedge) is not normally available on the NHS. It is for treating basal cell carcinoma that has spread and is causing symptoms, or for locally advanced disease that can’t be treated by surgery or radiotherapy, in adults.
Your doctor should talk with you about other treatment options. If you are already taking vismodegib, you should be able to continue until you and your doctor decide when best to stop.
Information and support
NHS Choices may be a good place to find out more.
These organisations can give you advice and support:
- British Skin Foundation, 0207 391 6341
- Cancer Research UK Patient Information, 0808 800 4040
- Macmillan Cancer Support, 0808 808 0000
- Melanoma UK, 0808 171 2455
- Skcin – Karen Clifford Cancer Charity, 0777 577 1986
NICE is not responsible for the quality or accuracy of any information or advice provided by these organisations.
This page was last updated: 22 November 2017