Glecaprevir–pibrentasvir is available on the NHS as a possible treatment for hepatitis C in adults.
Is this treatment right for me?
Your healthcare professionals should give you clear information, talk with you about your options and listen carefully to your views and concerns. Your family can be involved too, if you wish. Read more about making decisions about your care.
Questions to think about
- How well does it work compared with other treatments?
- What are the risks or side effects? How likely are they?
- How will the treatment affect my day-to-day life?
- What happens if the treatment does not work?
- What happens if I do not want to have treatment? Are there other treatments available?
Information and support
NHS Choices may be a good place to find out more.
These organisations can give you advice and support:
- Hepatitis C Trust, 0207 089 6221
- British Liver Trust, 0800 652 7330
- Liver4Life, 0800 074 3494
- HIV-i-Base, 0208 616 2210
- Terrence Higgins Trust, 0808 802 1221
You can also get support from your local Healthwatch.
NICE is not responsible for the quality or accuracy of any information or advice provided by these organisations.
This page was last updated: 24 January 2018