Fulvestrant (Faslodex) is not normally available on the NHS for postmenopausal women who have locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer that:
- is oestrogen-receptor positive and
- has not been treated with endocrine therapy before.
Your doctor should talk with you about other treatment options. If you are already taking it, you should be able to continue until you and your doctor decide when best to stop.
Information and support
NHS Choices may be a good place to find out more.
- Breast Cancer Now, 0333 207 0300
- Breast Cancer Care, 0808 800 6000
- Macmillan Cancer Support, 0808 808 0000
- Cancer Research UK Patient Information (previously CancerHelp UK), 0808 800 4040
You can also get support from your local Healthwatch.
NICE is not responsible for the quality or accuracy of any information or advice provided by these organisations.
This page was last updated: 31 January 2018