OpenAthens accounts are managed by OpenAthens administrators.
Our administrators can only answer questions from users with an NHS OpenAthens account. The account must have been provided through our evidence services or your local NHS organisation.
If you do not have an NHS OpenAthens account, contact your local administrator for help.
Local administrators manage accounts at a trust or organisational level, including national organisations.
If you have a question about your account contact your local administrator by searching for the name of your institution.
Email your administrator below if:
- you do not have or cannot find a local administrator
- you have a question about eligibility.
North of England
- North West: Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside, Wirral.
- North East: Durham, Tees Valley, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear.
- Yorkshire and the Humber: Humber - including north Lincolnshire and the Ridings, Yorkshire.
Email your regional administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Midlands and East of England
- West Midlands: Birmingham and Black Country, Coventry, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire.
- East Midlands: Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, and Rutland.
- East of England: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk.
Email your regional administrator at email@example.com
London and Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- South East: Kent, Surrey, Sussex.
Email your regional administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
South West and Thames Valley and Wessex
- South West: Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire (except Salisbury).
- Thames Valley and Wessex: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire, Salisbury..
Email your regional administrator at email@example.com