NHS OpenAthens accounts are managed by a network of administrators.
Our administrators can only answer questions from users in England with an NHS OpenAthens account. We cannot access OpenAthens accounts from universities, NHS Scotland or NHS Wales.
If you need help registering for an account, updating or renewing an existing account, or accessing resources with your account, please contact your local administrator for help.
Local administrators manage accounts for a particular NHS trust or organisation.
If you have a question about your account go to OpenAthens, search for the name of your institution, and select 'need further assistance?'
Regional and national administrators
You should email your regional or national administrator if:
- you do not have or cannot find a local administrator
- you have a question about eligibility.
To help us direct you to the right administrator, please include the name of your organisation and/or your region in your email.
North of England
- North West: Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside, Wirral.
- North East: Durham, Tees Valley, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear.
- Yorkshire and the Humber: Humber - including north Lincolnshire and the Ridings, Yorkshire.
Midlands and East of England
- West Midlands: Birmingham and Black Country, Coventry, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire.
- East Midlands: Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, and Rutland.
- East of England: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk.
London and Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- South East: Kent, Surrey, Sussex.
South West and Thames Valley and Wessex
- South West: Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire (except Salisbury).
- Thames Valley and Wessex: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire, Salisbury..