Quick access to a range of journals and other evidence-based resources for health and social care staff in England.
These resources are provided in partnership with Health Education England and NICE.
You'll need an NHS OpenAthens account to access most of these resources.
NHS Knowledge and Library Hub
Visit Health Education England’s NHS Knowledge and Library Hub for:
- A single search of all the knowledge and library resources available to you, whether purchased nationally or locally.
- Links to database provider websites for advanced literature searching.
- A browsable list of all the journals you can access.
- A list of all resources purchased nationally for the NHS in England.
You'll need to sign in with your NHS OpenAthens account to access the resources.
An evidence summaries resource that provides actionable knowledge to support:
- decision-making at the point of care
- education and learning before, during and after the patient consultation.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Central Register of Controlled Trials
- Cochrane Clinical Answers.
Buy books, journals and databases
Our framework agreement lets health and social care organisations in the UK to buy medical and healthcare knowledge resources.
You can find more information on the books, journals and databases page.
Help and support
For help and support using the resources listed here, or for further information, contact your local healthcare library. You can find details in the Health Library and Information Service Directory.