The adoption team supports the uptake of new technologies recommended by NICE.
As part of the Accelerated Access Collaborative (AAC) we work with the Academic Health Science Networks, the Office for Life Sciences, and NHSE/I to identify transformative technologies and implementation barriers. We use uptake and clinical engagement data to provide system learning and promote the adoption of new technologies.
Adoption support resources
We facilitate the adoption of prioritised medical technologies across the NHS by:
- engaging with clinical teams, commissioners, patient groups and industry
- gathering real-world experiences from health and social care organisations
- identifying adoption barriers and solutions.
Each resource should be used in conjunction with the relevant NICE guidance.
- DG40 High-sensitivity troponin tests for the early rule out of STEMI
- MTG37 Thopaz+ portable digital system for managing chest drains
- MTG42 UrgoStart for treating diabetic foot ulcers and leg ulcers
- MTG36 Peristeen transanal irrigation system for managing bowel dysfunction
- MTG41 Senza spinal cord stimulation system for delivering HF10 therapy to treat chronic neuropathic pain
- NG80 Asthma: diagnosis, monitoring and chronic asthma management
- DG30 Quantitative faecal immunochemical tests to guide referral for colorectal cancer in primary care
- MTG34 SecurAcath for securing percutaneous catheters
- DG25 High-throughput non-invasive prenatal testing for fetal RHD genotype
- MTG32 HeartFlow FFRCT for estimating fractional flow reserve from coronary CT angiography
- DG27 Molecular testing strategies for Lynch syndrome in people with colorectal cancer
- DG23 PlGF-based testing to help diagnose suspected pre-eclampsia
- MTG29 GreenLight XPS for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia: medical technologies adoption support
- TA388 Sacubitril valsartan for treating symptomatic chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: technology appraisal adoption support
- MTG28 Spectra Optia for automatic red blood cell exchange in patients with sickle cell disease: medical technologies adoption support
- MTG26 UroLift for treating lower urinary tract symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia: medical technologies adoption support
- DG11 Faecal calprotectin diagnostic tests for inflammatory diseases of the bowel
- MTG24 Sherlock 3CG Tip Confirmation System for placement of peripherally inserted central catheters: medical technologies adoption support
- DG14 Atrial fibrillation and heart valve disease: self‑monitoring coagulation status using point‑of‑care coagulometers (the CoaguChek XS system and the INRatio2 PT/INR monitor)
- DG13 Detecting, managing and monitoring haemostasis: viscoelastometric point‑of‑care testing (ROTEM, TEG and Sonoclot systems): diagnostic adoption support