The adoption team is responsible for identifying ways to overcome potential barriers to the implementation of NICE guidance.
We do this by working closely with health and social care organisations that are commissioning, implementing or using a product that has been recommended by a technology appraisal, or medical technologies or diagnostics guidance.
Adoption support resources
The adoption team develops resources to support the adoption of selected NICE guidance. The topics selected are those identified as having potential adoption
The adoption team works directly with health and social care organisations to produce adoption support resources containing practical solutions and advice that enable NHS organisations to promote the sustainable uptake of NICE guidance. They describe the experiences of health and social care organisations that have already put a product or technology into routine practice.
Each resource should be used in conjunction with the relevant NICE guidance.
- DG25 High-throughput non-invasive prenatal testing for fetal RHD genotype
- MTG32 HeartFlow FFRCT for estimating fractional flow reserve from coronary CT angiography
- DG27 Molecular testing strategies for Lynch syndrome in people with colorectal cancer
- DG23 PlGF-based testing to help diagnose suspected pre-eclampsia
- MTG29 GreenLight XPS for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia: medical technologies adoption support
- TA388 Sacubitril valsartan for treating symptomatic chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: technology appraisal adoption support
- MTG28 Spectra Optia for automatic red blood cell exchange in patients with sickle cell disease: medical technologies adoption support
- MTG26 UroLift for treating lower urinary tract symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia: medical technologies adoption support
- DG21 Integrated sensor-augmented pump therapy systems for managing blood glucose levels in type 1 diabetes (the MiniMed Paradigm Veo system and the Vibe and G4 PLATINUM CGM system)
- TA325 Nalmefene for reducing alcohol consumption in people with alcohol dependence: technology appraisal adoption support
- TA329 Infliximab, adalimumab and golimumab for treating moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis after the failure of conventional therapy (including a review of TA140 and TA262): technology appraisal adoption support for introducing biosimilar versions of infliximab: Inflectra and Remsima
- MTG27 Virtual Touch Quantification to diagnose and monitor liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis B and C: medical technologies adoption support
- DG11 Faecal calprotectin diagnostic tests for inflammatory diseases of the bowel
- MTG24 Sherlock 3CG Tip Confirmation System for placement of peripherally inserted central catheters: medical technologies adoption support
- DG15 Myocardial infarction (acute): Early rule out using high-sensitivity troponin tests (Elecsys Troponin T high-sensitive, ARCHITECT STAT High Sensitive Troponin-I and AccuTnI+3 assays): diagnostic adoption support
- DG14 Atrial fibrillation and heart valve disease: self‑monitoring coagulation status using point‑of‑care coagulometers (the CoaguChek XS system and the INRatio2 PT/INR monitor)
- DG13 Detecting, managing and monitoring haemostasis:
viscoelastometricpoint‑of‑care testing (ROTEM, TEG and Sonoclot systems): diagnostic adoption support
- MTG14 Ambu aScope2 for use in unexpected difficult airways: site demonstrator pack
- MTG7 Inditherm patient warming mattress for the prevention of inadvertent hypothermia: medical technology adoption support
- DG12 Measuring fractional exhaled nitric oxide concentration in asthma: NIOX MINO, NIOX VERO and NObreath: diagnostic adoption support
Resources for NHS commissioners
We have produced these two resources to help you when preparing a case for the adoption of a new technology:
The role of the adoption team is described in the process manual for adoption support resources for health technologies
NICE Adoption and Impact Programme Reference Panel
We are recruiting to our Adoption and Impact Programme Reference Panel. If you would like to apply to be a member, please follow the link below or email the team at ResourceImpactAssessment@nice.org.uk for more information.
The panel supports the NICE Adoption and Impact Programme teams in the development of implementation tools.