Support and resources to maximise uptake and use of evidence and guidance.
Guidance that can help you make cost savings and find efficiencies in your local services.
Includes impact reports and templates that allow you to accurately estimate savings for your local setting.
Measuring the use of guidance
A selection of resources that helps you measure the uptake of our guidance and quality standards. Our database helps you compare your service with others. You can:
- find audit data relating to NICE recommendations
- assess levels of uptake over time
- read how our recommendations have been used.
Into practice guides
Our guides offers practical support for people using NICE guidance and standards in their day-to-day practice.
Our resource planner helps you plan for and implement our guidance by:
- listing forthcoming guidance to help you plan ahead
- highlighting the potential resource impact of forthcoming guidance
- summarising the resource implications of our published guidance.
Have your say
We want to hear your feedback and experiences of implementing our guidance. You can:
- help us develop our tools and resources
- share your experiences of putting our guidance and standards into practice
- send us your comments.
Real life examples
See how our guidance and standards have been used to improve the quality of health and social care services around the UK.
Our aim is to drive and enable the effective use of NICE guidance and standards to support local initiatives, improve outcomes and reduce variation. Five principles underpin the strategy:
- Produce guidance and standards fit for your needs.
- Make sure you're aware of our recommendations.
- Encourage you to make changes and improvements.
- Highlight practical support for local adoption and implementation.
- Evaluate impact and uptake regularly.
The implementation strategy group (ISG) is drawn from leading academics in this field. They provide information and advice on the latest implementation science and the implications for our approach.