These resources provide help with planning ahead for NICE guidance, understanding where you are now, and conducting improvement initiatives.
Baseline assessment tools can be used to evaluate current practice and plan activity to meet the recommendations.
These tools should always be used in conjunction with the clinical and public health guidelines they relate to.
A library of clinical audit tools which can be used to improve care. They contain clinical audit standards based on NICE guidance published before June 2015.
The most recent documents contain:
- a data collection sheet
- a clinical audit report that provides basic information about the audit and automatically displays the audit results
- an action plan template
- an appendix containing a printable data collection form.
These clinical audit tools will continue to be available unless an update to guidance makes them incompatible or it is more than 5 years since publication.
Tools continue to be developed for interventional procedures guidance where the recommendation is for special arrangements for clinical governance, consent, and audit or research.
Make an initial assessment of your service compared with a selection of quality statements. The template includes:
- assessing current practice
- recording an action plan
- monitoring quality improvement.
Resource impact reports summarise the resource impact of implementing NICE guidance. National estimates using assumptions about the resource impact are fully explained. Reports may be supported by resource impact templates.
Resource impact templates are available when it has been possible to quantify resource impact and when the impact is considered to be significant. In some cases, the major cost drivers are identified for completion at a local level and commissioners can amend the template to reflect the local population for an estimate of the local resource impact.
Resource impact templates are based on the population of England and they can be amended to estimate the resource impact for the population of Wales and Northern Ireland.
Resource impact reports and templates are accessible through the 'Tools and resources' tabs on individual guidance and standards pages.
We have developed these to help those with a role in the strategic planning or delivery of services for a condition (or set of circumstances) that are addressed by our guidance. These tools are targeted at those who are responsible for planning and putting the guidance into practice.
The content of tools depends on the guidance but can include the following:
- background information such as prevalence of the condition
- an overview of the key steps and decision points in the pathway for a specific piece of NICE guidance
- practical suggestions for putting NICE guidance into practice locally
- identification of likely implementation barriers and possible ways to overcome these for different audiences.
If you have any problems accessing or using our tools, please email email@example.com.
The planner helps you plan and implement NICE guidance. Use it to:
- view upcoming NICE guidance
- get indicative costs or savings for upcoming guidance
- understand the resource implications of published guidance.
Help for local health and social care provider organisations to implement our guidance and use our quality standards to improve the quality of care they provide.
It is a source of practical support to health and social care professionals and managers to enable them to provide care in line with NICE recommendations.