The clinical guideline for Diabetic foot problems: prevention and management (NG19) has been checked by NICE for the need for update.
This 2019 surveillance review has considered four NICE guidelines on the theme of diabetes and all four guidelines will be having a separate stakeholder consultation:
- Diabetic foot problems: prevention and management NICE guideline NG19 (August 2015)
- Type 1 diabetes in adults: diagnosis and management NICE guideline NG17 (August 2015)
- Diabetes (type 1 and type 2) in children and young people: diagnosis and management NICE guideline NG18 (August 2015)
- Type 2 diabetes in adults: management NICE guideline NG28 (December 2015)
Registered stakeholders for these guidelines are invited to comment on the provisional decision via this website. Stakeholders may comment on the proposal for one or all the guidelines, according to their knowledge and expertise of the topic areas.
NICE has been developing an antimicrobial prescribing guideline on diabetic foot infection. The diabetic foot infection recommendations for antimicrobial prescribing will update and replace the existing recommendations 1.6.6-1.6.15 of the NICE guideline on diabetic foot problems: prevention and management (section on treating diabetic foot infection). Recommendations 1.6.6-1.6.15 have not been included in the surveillance review of the NICE guideline on diabetic foot problems.
The consultation for the antimicrobial prescribing guideline on diabetic foot infection is now live and will close on 16 May 2019
If you’re commenting for an organisation, your organisation needs to be registered as a stakeholder.
Not eligible? Contact the registered stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
We can accept comments from individuals. These will be considered, but you won’t get a formal response and they won’t be posted on the NICE website. Wherever possible we encourage you to submit your comments through a registered stakeholder organisation.
Note that the provisional review decision presented here does not constitute NICE's formal decision on this guideline. The decision is provisional and may change after consultation.
Consultation dates: 9am on Thursday, 25 April 2019 to 5pm on Wednesday, 8 May 2019
How to submit your comments:
Please provide all responses to the review proposal document using the comments form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation’s full name) and forward this by email before 5pm on Wednesday, 8 May 2019 to the following email address:
NICE is unable to accept:
- Comments from non-registered organisations – if you wish your comments to be considered please register via the NICE website
- Comments received after the consultation deadline (5pm)
- Comments that are not on the correct form
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person’s identity could be ascertained.
What will happen to your comments?
- Comments from registered stakeholders and nominated expert reviewers ONLY will be sent to the review team at the end of the consultation. These will inform the final decision made by the NICE Guidance Executive.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal comments, individual comments, comments from non-registered organisations and late comments.
Anticipated review decision publication date: June 2019