The public health guideline for Alcohol-use disorders: prevention (PH24) has been checked by NICE for the need to update.
This 2019 surveillance review has considered two NICE guidelines on the theme of alcohol use disorders and both guidelines will be having a separate stakeholder consultation:
- Alcohol-use disorders: prevention NICE guideline PH24 (June 2010)
- Alcohol-use disorders: diagnosis, assessment and management of harmful drinking and alcohol dependence NICE guideline CG115 (February 2011)
Registered stakeholders for the PH24 guideline are invited to comment on the provisional decision via this website. Stakeholders may comment on the proposals for one or both of the guidelines, according to their knowledge and expertise of the topic areas.
If you’re commenting for an organisation, your organisation needs to be registered as a stakeholder.
Not eligible? Contact the registered stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
We can accept comments from individuals. These will be considered, but you won’t get a formal response and they won’t be posted on the NICE website. Wherever possible we encourage you to submit your comments through a registered stakeholder organisation.
Note that the provisional review decision presented here does not constitute NICE's formal decision on this guideline. The decision is provisional and may change after consultation.
Consultation dates: 9am on Thursday, 25 April 2019 to 5pm on Wednesday, 8 May 2019
How to submit your comments:
Please provide all responses to the review proposal document using the comments form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation’s full name) and forward this by email before 5pm on Wednesday, 8 May 2019 to the following email address:
NICE is unable to accept:
- Comments from non-registered organisations – if you wish your comments to be considered please register via the NICE website
- Comments received after the consultation deadline (5pm)
- Comments that are not on the correct form
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person’s identity could be ascertained.
What will happen to your comments?
- Comments from registered stakeholders and nominated expert reviewers ONLY will be sent to the review team at the end of the consultation. These will inform the final decision made by the NICE Guidance Executive.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal comments, individual comments, comments from non-registered organisations and late comments.
Anticipated review decision publication date: July 2019