The clinical guideline for CG136: Service user experience in adult mental health has been checked by NICE for the need for update.
Registered stakeholders for the guideline are invited to comment on the provisional decision via this website and are also invited to participate in a call for evidence.
Organisations not registered as stakeholders are not able to comment, we recommend that you register as a stakeholder or you contact the Stakeholder list that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
Note that the provisional surveillance review decision presented here does not constitute NICE's formal decision on this guideline. The decision is provisional and may change after consultation and considering the studies identified through the call for evidence.
Consultation dates: 31 August 2016 (9am) to 13 September 2016 (5pm)
Call for evidence:
The surveillance team would like to invite stakeholders to notify NICE of new evidence that directly addresses the guideline questions that they think could impact on the guideline recommendations.
We will only consider the following study types suggested by stakeholders as part of the surveillance
- Systematic reviews of randomised controlled trials and cohort studies
- Randomised controlled trials
- Cohort studies
- Economic studies directly applicable to the UK including cost-utility analyses, full economic analyses or comparative cost analyses
Studies will be considered if published after 5 November 2013 (the search date for the last surveillance review) to date.
NICE will not consider the following material as part of a call for evidence:
- Promotional material
- Unsubstantiated or non-evidence-based assertions of effectiveness
- Opinion pieces or editorial reviews
- Potentially unlawful or other inappropriate information
A final decision on whether the guideline needs to be updated will be based on the evidence and intelligence identified through the surveillance process and the call for evidence.
How to submit your comments:
Please provide all responses to the review proposal document using the comments form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation’s full name) and forward this by email before 5pm on 13 September 2016 to the following email address:
NICE is unable to accept:
- Comments from non-registered organisations – if you wish your comments to be considered please register via the NICE website
- Comments received after the consultation deadline (5pm)
- Comments that are not on the correct form
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person’s identity could be ascertained.
What will happen to your comments:
- Comments from registered stakeholders and nominated expert reviewers ONLY will be sent to the review team at the end of the consultation. These will inform the final decision made by the NICE Guidance Executive.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal, individual comments, comments from non-registered organisations and late comments.
Anticipated review decision publication date: November 2016
This page was last updated: 07 September 2016