The clinical guideline on acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding in over 16s: management (NICE guideline CG141) has been checked by NICE for the need for update.
This 2018 surveillance review proposes not to update the NICE guideline on acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
We considered the guideline alongside the following related guidelines:
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and dyspepsia in adults: investigation and management NICE guideline CG184 (September 2014)
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in children and young people: diagnosis and management NICE guideline NG1 (January 2015)
- Barrett's oesophagus: ablative therapy NICE guideline CG106 (August 2010)
Separate consultations on the surveillance decisions for the guidelines on gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and dyspepsia in adults and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in children and young people are underway. See the webpages for each guideline to participate in consultation.
We propose to fully update the guideline on Barrett’s oesophagus so we are not conducting public consultation on the surveillance decision. See ensuring that published guidelines are current and accurate in developing NICE guidelines: the manual for more details on our consultation processes.
Registered stakeholders for the guideline are invited to comment on the provisional decision via this website. Stakeholders may comment on the proposals for either or all of the guidelines, according to their knowledge and expertise of the topic areas.
If you’re commenting for an organisation, your organisation needs to be registered as a stakeholder.
Not eligible? Contact the registered stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
We can accept comments from individuals. These will be considered, but you won’t get a formal response and they won’t be posted on the NICE website. Wherever possible we encourage you to submit your comments through a registered stakeholder organisation.
Note that the provisional review decision presented here does not constitute NICE's formal decision on this guideline. The decision is provisional and may change after consultation.
Consultation dates: Friday 12 October 2018 (9am) to Thursday 25 October 2018 (5pm)
How to submit your comments:
Please provide all responses to the review proposal document using the comments form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation’s full name) and forward this by email before 5pm on Thursday 25 October 2018 to the following email address:
NICE is unable to accept:
- Comments from non-registered organisations – if you wish your comments to be considered please register via the NICE website
- Comments received after the consultation deadline (5pm)
- Comments that are not on the correct form
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person’s identity could be ascertained.
What will happen to your comments?
- Comments from registered stakeholders and nominated expert reviewers ONLY will be sent to the review team at the end of the consultation. These will inform the final decision made by the NICE Guidance Executive.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal comments, individual comments, comments from non-registered organisations and late comments.
Anticipated review decision publication date: November 2018
This page was last updated: