Information for the public

Your care team

Your care team

A range of professionals who specialise in different areas of treatment or support may be involved in your care. These could include GPs, community nurses, pharmacists, accident and emergency department (A&E) staff, specialist nurses and consultant allergists (doctors who specialise in allergy care).

Working with you

Your healthcare professional should talk with you about your drug allergy. They should explain any tests, treatments or support you should be offered so that you can decide together what is best for you. Your family members or carers can be involved in helping to make decisions, but only if you agree. Children and young people may need their parents or carers to be involved, depending on their age. There is a list of questions you can use to help you talk with your care team.

You may also like to read NICE's information for the public on Patient experience in adult NHS services. This sets out what adults should be able to expect when they use the NHS. We also have more information on the NICE website about using health and social care services.

  • Information Standard