You can now review and comment on this draft guideline.
The consultation closes at 5pm on 17 July 2019
How to comment
1. Register your organisation or comment as an individual
If you’re commenting for an organisation, your organisation needs to be registered as a stakeholder.
Not eligible? Contact the stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
We can accept comments from individuals. These will be considered, but you won’t get a formal response and they won’t be posted on the NICE website. Wherever possible we encourage you to submit your comments through a registered stakeholder organisation.
2. Read the consultation documents
Documents to comment on:
- Draft guideline– just the recommendations
- Evidence reviews
Evidence review A – Information for people with thyroid disease
Evidence review B – Indications for testing
Evidence review C – Thyroid function tests
Evidence review D – Tests for people with confirmed primary hypothyroidism
Evidence review E – Managing hypothyroidism
Evidence review F – Monitoring thyroid disease
Evidence review G – Managing subclinical hypothyroidism
Evidence review H – Tests for people with confirmed thyrotoxicosis
Evidence review I – Managing thyrotoxicosis drugs surgery RAI
Evidence review J– Managing thyrotoxicosis anti thyroid drugs
Evidence review K – Managing thyrotoxicosis surgical options
Evidence review L– Managing thyrotoxicosis radioactive iodine options
Evidence review M – Managing subclinical thyrotoxicosis
Evidence review N – Imaging for fine need aspiration
Evidence review O – Ultrasound guidance for fine needle aspiration
Evidence review P – Managing non-malignant thyroid enlargement
- Supporting documentation Hyperthyroidism in adults: management and monitoring
- Supporting documentation Methods chapter
- Supporting documentation Acknowledgements
- Economic model report
- Economic model
If you want to review the economic model, please see 5. Economic models below and fill in the confidentiality form.
Other information about the consultation
- Equality impact assessment 3
- Committee membership list and DOI register
- Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved
3. Add your comments
- You must use this comments form.
- You must declare any links with, or funding from, the tobacco industry
If you share similar views with another organisation, send a joint response.
Make sure you consider:
- The areas that will have the biggest impact on practice and be challenging to implement
- How to help users overcome challenges
Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved suggests some other areas to comment on.
4. Email the form to us
Deadline: 5pm on 17 July 2019
5. Economic model
The developer has produced an economic model to support the guideline on thyroid disease: assessment and management. To receive an executable version of this model, please submit a request to ThyroidDisease@nice.org.uk with a signed copy of the confidentiality acknowledgement and undertaking form.
We will then send you a link to an executable version of the economic model by email. The deadline for returning your comments is the same as for the guideline consultation: 5pm on 17th July 2019.
This page was last updated: 05 June 2019