Information for the public

Further treatment and support

Further treatment and support

If other treatments haven't helped, and if you have had pain for a long time, your doctor may refer you to a specialist to try other approaches. This could include:

  • sealing off some of the nerves to the joints of your spine (for back pain)

  • injections of local anaesthetic or steroids into your spine (for sciatica)

  • surgery on your back to relieve pressure on the spinal nerves (for sciatica).

  • Information Standard