Tell us about an interventional procedure you think should be assessed by NICE.
Notify new procedures
A new procedure must be a:
- Surgical procedure - making a cut or a hole to gain access to the inside of a patient's body.
- Procedure accessing the body cavity without cutting.
- Procedure using electromagnetic radiation. For example x-rays, lasers.
It must also:
- Be available within the NHS or independent sector, or be about to be used for the first time, outside formal research.
- Not yet be considered standard clinical practice.
Who can notify a procedure?
Clinicians and healthcare professionals are the main notifiers to the programme. However, anyone can notify us about a procedure.
Clinical knowledge of a procedure will help you complete our notification form. We encourage patients, members of the public and non-clinical NHS staff to discuss the procedure with a clinician first.
Notifying medical technologies
Companies should contact the Office for Market Access to ensure their medical technologies are directed to the appropriate NICE team for assessment.