This consultation closes on:
15 April 2021
Rapid access to new health technologies is vital to patients and their families, the NHS and the life sciences industry.
As health technologies continue to advance so too must our processes for evaluating them. With faster, flexible and more responsive processes we will have the tools to evaluate new and emerging health technologies and bring them to patients sooner.
Summary of objectives
- Create a simplified single process for all technology evaluations.
- Ensure we have the flexibility to evaluate new and emerging health technologies.
- Ensure we can provide early access to promising technologies
- Share our vision for Highly Specialised Technologies evaluation and the technologies that are appropriate to be evaluated in that programme.
How to take part
Consultation event: 25 February 2021, 4pm to 5pm
We held an online event to discuss the consultation and take questions.
- Lee Dobson, programme manager - Medical Technologies Evaluation Programme
- Jenniffer Prescott, programme director - HTA Process and Operations
- Carla Deakin, programme director – Commercial and Managed Access
- Mandy Tonkinson, public involvement adviser - Public Involvement Programme.
Consultation event: 16 March 2021, 4pm to 5pm
Please submit questions in advance when you register or by email to MethodsAndProcess@nice.org.uk.
The webinar will cover proposals on the vision, key principles and topic selection and routing criteria for Highly Specialised technologies. Speakers include:
- Sheela Upadhyaya, associate director – Highly Specialised Technologies
- Heidi Livingstone, senior public involvement adviser – Public Involvement Programme
- Brad Groves, associate director - Managed Access
- Helen Knight, programme director – Technology Appraisals.
The webinar will be recorded and made available here after the event.