Content under review
We're updating this page following the publication of our new methods, processes and topic selection manuals. Our previous manuals still apply to evaluations that started before 1 February 2022. The new manuals apply to evaluations that began after this date.
This consultation closed on:
15 April 2021
Rapid access to new health technologies is vital to patients and their families, the NHS and the life sciences industry.
As health technologies continue to advance so too must our processes for evaluating them. With faster, flexible and more responsive processes we will have the tools to evaluate new and emerging health technologies and bring them to patients sooner.
Objectives of the consultation
We wanted your views on:
- our proposals.
- any potential effects and implications.
Read the consultation document:
Consultation event: 25 February 2021, 4pm to 5pm
We held an online event to discuss the consultation and take questions.
- Lee Dobson, programme manager - Medical Technologies Evaluation Programme
- Jenniffer Prescott, programme director - HTA Process and Operations
- Carla Deakin, programme director - Commercial and Managed Access
- Mandy Tonkinson, public involvement adviser - Public Involvement Programme.
Consultation event: 16 March 2021, 4pm to 5pm
We held an online event to discuss the proposals on the vision, key principles and topic selection and routing criteria for highly specialised technologies and to take questions.
- Sheela Upadhyaya, associate director - Highly Specialised Technologies
- Heidi Livingstone, senior public involvement adviser - Public Involvement Programme
- Brad Groves, associate director - Managed Access
- Helen Knight, programme director - Technology Appraisals.