The clinical guideline for CG52 Drug misuse in over 16s: opioid detoxification has been checked by NICE for the need for update.
This 2018 surveillance review has taken into account 2 NICE guidelines, CG52 Drug misuse in over 16s and PH52 Needle and syringe programmes. Both will be having a separate stakeholder consultation:
- Drug misuse in over 16s: opioid detoxification NICE guideline CG52 (July 2007)
- Needle and syringe programmes NICE guideline PH52 (March 2014)
Registered stakeholders for the guideline are invited to comment on the provisional decision via this website. Stakeholders may comment on the proposals for either or both of the guidelines, according to their knowledge and expertise of the topic areas.
If you’re commenting for an organisation, your organisation needs to be registered as a stakeholder.
Not eligible? Contact the registered stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
We can accept comments from individuals. These will be considered, but you won’t get a formal response and they won’t be posted on the NICE website. Wherever possible we encourage you to submit your comments through a registered stakeholder organisation.
Note that the provisional review decision presented here does not constitute NICE's formal decision on this guideline. The decision is provisional and may change after consultation.
Consultation dates: Wednesday, 7 November 2018 (9am) to Tuesday, 20 November 2018 (5pm)
How to submit your comments:
Please provide all responses to the review proposal document using the comments form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation’s full name) and forward this by email before 5pm on Tuesday, 20 November 2018 to the following email address:
NICE is unable to accept:
- Comments from non-registered organisations – if you wish your comments to be considered please register via the NICE website
- Comments received after the consultation deadline (5pm)
- Comments that are not on the correct form
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person’s identity could be ascertained.
What will happen to your comments?
- Comments from registered stakeholders and nominated expert reviewers ONLY will be sent to the review team at the end of the consultation. These will inform the final decision made by the NICE Guidance Executive.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal comments, individual comments, comments from non-registered organisations and late comments.
Anticipated review decision publication date: Tuesday, 20 November 2018
This page was last updated: 07 November 2018