A positive recommendation from NICE sends a powerful signal to the health and care system that your product should be adopted.
We work closely with our system partners and industry to drive innovation into the hands of health and care professionals, to enable best practice.
How we can support you
Wherever you are in your planning process, our expertise can support you to:
- collate strong evidence
- provide advice on NICE evaluation programmes
- understand and connect with the health and care system
- demonstrate the value of your health technology
- get new and innovative technologies adopted quickly.
From early innovation and evidence generation to market access. We work collaboratively with industry partners along the whole product pathway and post-launch.
NICE Advice helps you optimise your approach at any point in product innovation and development, especially in the early stages. We can support you to:
- understand your product route to market
- review your development and evidence generation plans
- identify what matters most to patients, as well as the health and care system
- engage with the system during product development to support adoption and use.
The Innovative Licensing and Access Pathway (ILAP) aims to streamline patient access to safe, financially sustainable and innovative medicines. Find out more about our role in ILAP.
The Innovative Devices Access Pathway (IDAP) is designed to accelerate the development of cost-effective medical devices and their integration into the UK market. Find out more about our role in IDAP.
Tools to build a strong evidence base
Find out more about:
- our evidence standards frameworks
- our AI and digital regulations service.
NICE is such a big part of what the NHS listens to. It’s so important.
It was fantastic to have NICE guidance for our product saying this is the right thing to do.
Get a technology evaluated
We assess the clinical and cost effectiveness of new health technologies, translating complex evidence into useful and useable advice and guidance for the health and care system.
The first step in technology evaluation by NICE is product registration:
Register a non-pharmaceutical product
The NHS Innovation Service helps developers get their health technologies adopted by the NHS. The service provides coordinated and bespoke support from leading organisations, including NICE, with experience, knowledge, and expertise in supporting healthcare innovations.
Register a pharmaceutical product
UK PharmaScan is a database of new medicines, indications and formulations in the pharmaceutical pipeline. It's used by horizon scanning organisations, including NICE, to help plan and prepare the NHS for the introduction of new medicines, and to support faster adoption.
How we've worked with life sciences companies
View/hide more case studies and latest news
How is NICE supporting digital health technology developers?
How we evaluate technologies
Find out how we choose which medicines and technologies we evaluate, the processes we follow and how we handle evidence.
- how we choose medicines and other health technologies to evaluate (topic selection)
- the steps we follow in each evaluation (our processes)
- how we collect and consider evidence (our methods).
Find published, in development and proposed evaluations:
Learn more about our guidance programmes and explore our broad range of evidence-based recommendations.
NICE is known for its rigorous, unbiased and objective approach. Overall, I thought it was an amazing process.
Stay informed about NICE
Our NICE news for life sciences newsletter aims to keep those working within the life sciences sector up to date with important developments.
Subscribe for information on:
- our work to improve patient access to innovative new technologies
- our advisory services
- upcoming webinars and events
- how you can engage with us.