Our mission is to support countries improve their nation's health and wellbeing.
In doing so, we gain learnings and initiate international collaborations that help shape our work at NICE.
We do this by offering services that share best practice and expertise from NICE to help drive improvements in health and care decision-making.
This is in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and UK global health ambitions.
Strong and resilient health and care systems worldwide through evidence-based decision making.
We collaborate the world over to help health organisations, ministries and government agencies internationally to improve the health and social care outcomes in their country.
We do this by supporting them to:
- Allocate limited healthcare resources through embedding health technology assessment (HTA) and health technology management. This manages rising costs and to promote innovation in a cost-effective, transparent, equitable and sustainable way.
- Improve the quality of care and reduce variation of access in health and social care services through the development of evidence-based guidance, standards and indicators that are implementable in local settings.
- Promote inclusivity of actors in health and social care decision-making thorough participation and engagement, as well as the development of scientific networks.
NICE International is a not-for-profit advisory service. We charge a fee for our services to cover our costs, but we can sometimes get funding to help with this.
How can we help you?
If you're not sure what you need, please send us an email. We'll work with you to understand your needs and tailor our support to meet them.
I want expert advice and support
Get advice about the use of evidence-based decision making in health and social care. We can give practical advice and support to help you improve health and social care in your country.
I want someone to speak at my event
Request a talk from one of our experts for your healthcare event. We can send a representative from NICE, or an expert from our UK network, to speak at events around the world.
I want to understand how NICE works
Learn about our programmes, methods and processes through an educational seminar. We can help you understand who we are, what we do and our position in the English health and social care system.
I want to use NICE guidance in my country
Find out how to publish, share, translate and adapt our content for use in your country. Get permission to use our content in products such as books and training materials.
Where we work
We work with health organisations in the UK and around the world. We've delivered over 200 engagements in 50 countries since 2018.
Many of our engagements come from established links with other organisations. These include the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, the Department for International Trade, and British embassies abroad. Their involvement helps us develop relationships with other countries and they can sometimes act as a funding source.
Examples of our work
- Case study: Contextualising NICE guidelines in Cyprus.
- Case study: Developing health technology assessment in Denmark.
- Advising partner countries about HTA through the Better Health Programme.
- Speaking about assessing and adopting new health technologies in South Korea.
- Sharing knowledge with organisations across Latin America and the Caribbean.
In 2020, we organised a webinar for international organisations to learn about NICE's response to COVID-19. Over 300 people from 42 countries attended.
NICE news international
Subscribe to our newsletter to hear about latest news and updates on our global partnerships.
You'll receive information on:
- the work of NICE International
- our current projects
- joint-working requests
- upcoming webinars and events
- how you can engage with us.
Read about some of our projects and partnerships.
- NICE signs agreement with Colombia's Institute of Health Technology Assessment to forge closer working ties (July 2020).
- NICE joins international collaboratives to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic (April 2020).
- NICE International representatives complete working visit to Latin America (February 2020).
Find out what NICE is doing around the world.
- NICE will be participating in the Africa Health Excon conference (Sunday 5 to Monday 6 June 2022), the NHS ConfedExpo conference (Thursday 16 June 2022), and the Spanish Health Economics conference (Wednesday 15 to Friday 17 June 2022).
- NICE news international (April 2022)
- NICE participates in the London hub for the International Society for Priorities in Health’s 2022 conference (Thursday 28 to Saturday 30 April 2022)
- Speaking with one language: How using a common data model might speed up decision making (January 2021).
- World Antimicrobial Awareness Week: developing new models for the evaluation and purchase of antimicrobials (November 2020).
- World Evidence-based Healthcare Day (October 2020).
Our international strategy sets out the direction and priorities for NICE’s international engagements and partnerships over the next 3 years.
Learn more about our global strategic ambitions.