Information for the public

Your school

Your school

Your school can also help in lots of ways:

  • teachers and other staff should know what attachment difficulties are, and how they can help

  • your designated teacher should know you are in care, and if you have attachment difficulties

  • you should have a special person you can go to for help and support (this person is called a key person)

  • you should have a say in whereabouts you will get any help given while at school

  • you should have a safe place to go to in your school.

Sometimes, you might have to change where you are living. If this happens, your care team and teachers at school will try and make sure you can carry on going to the same school. If this can't be done, then the move should be planned as far ahead as possible to try and make it easier, and to make sure that everyone knows what is happening and when.

  • Information Standard