Information for the public

Treating other problems

Treating other problems

Sometimes you might have other problems that are linked to problems with attachment, like depression. Your health or social care worker can help you get help for these too.

Sadly, some children and young people going into care may have been through very frightening times. They may have been treated very badly themselves or have had to leave their own country because it is very dangerous. Because of this, some children may have a condition called PTSD.

If you have PTSD you should be offered help for it, which may include a type of talking therapy called cognitive behavioural therapy. Some people call this therapy CBT for short.

  • Information Standard