Information for the public

What happens if there are problems?

What happens if there are problems?

If you're having problems getting on with your carers, or you don't feel like you're settling in to your new home or placement, your health or social care worker will want to find out why so they can help. You may be given some questions to answer about your home life, and your care workers will visit you where you are living. This is called an assessment. They might ask about:

  • how everyone feels

  • what has happened in the past (like any other placements where you have lived, how well they worked and if any problems came up before)

  • what you think about your home life with your carer

  • how well you are getting on at school

  • any other important things, such as how healthy everyone is.

  • Information Standard