Over 500 working examples of quality improvement in health and social care services.
Search for a case study
Ideal if you're responsible for making changes to service delivery. Includes examples of:
- Quality improvement
- Efficiency changes
- Cost savings
Submit an example
Tell us how you've made improvements in your organisation.
- Share best practice
- Showcase innovation
- Get shortlisted for the annual NICE Shared Learning Awards
About the case studies
Shared learning examples
These show how NICE guidance and standards have been put into practice by a range of health, local government and social care organisations.
Every year the best examples are recognised at the Shared Learning Awards.
Each example must:
- highlight learning that could be useful to others
- be written in easy to understand English, free from jargon
- have clear objectives, including an explanation of what was happening before the project, why it was needed and how it was implemented
- outline the barriers the organisation faced when implementing the project and the methods used to overcome these
- outline the effect the change had on quality, productivity and any cost savings made
- have a clear evaluation process for measuring results
- declare any industry sponsorship.
NICE checks that the examples are in line with our recommendations and quality statements. The examples are written by the submitting organisation and shouldn't be interpreted as formal endorsement by NICE of the approach taken.
Quality and productivity case studies
These focus on local quality improvement whilst making cost savings. The case studies are written, edited and produced by NICE based on the information provided by the submitter.
Case studies are evaluated by NICE using the following criteria:
- quality improvement
- evidence and implementation
- external peer review.
Register to receive a monthly email with information on new case studies. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org