Over 500 working examples of quality improvement in health and social care services.
Search for a case study
Ideal if you're responsible for making changes to service delivery. Includes examples of:
- Quality improvement
- Efficiency changes
- Cost savings
Submit an example
Tell us how you've made improvements in your organisation.
- Share best practice
- Showcase innovation
- Get shortlisted for the annual NICE Shared Learning Awards
About the case studies
Shared learning examples
These show how NICE guidance and standards have been put into practice by a range of health, local government and social care organisations.
Every year the best examples are recognised at the Shared Learning Awards.
Each example must:
- highlight learning that could be useful to others
- be written in easy to understand English, free from jargon
- have clear objectives, including an explanation of what was happening before the project, why it was needed and how it was implemented
- outline the barriers the organisation faced when implementing the project and the methods used to overcome these
- outline the effect the change had on quality, productivity and any cost savings made
- have a clear evaluation process for measuring results
- declare any industry sponsorship.
Quality and productivity case studies
These focus on local quality improvement whilst making cost savings.
Case studies are evaluated by NICE using the following criteria:
- quality improvement
- evidence and implementation
- external peer review.
Register to receive a monthly email with information on new case studies. Email: email@example.com