Appraising treatments which may extend life, at the end of life
Following the consultation in December 2008 on supplementary advice to be given to the Institute's Appraisal Committees, when they are appraising treatments which may extend life, at the end of life, the following documents are available:
- supplementary advice to the Appraisal Committees
- consultation responses
- summary response to consultation
The supplementary advice, which forms an addendum to section 6.2.25 of the Guide to the Methods of Technology Appraisal was approved by Institute's Board at its meeting on 17 December 2008.
At its meeting on 22 July, the NICE Board was asked to provide clarification of a number of issues relating to the application and interpretation of the supplementary advice by the Appraisal Committees (see the Board papers for more detail on the issues covered in the discussion). As a result of the Board's discussions, NICE has updated its supplementary advice to the Appraisal Committees.
The Board also reaffirmed NICE's commitment to ensuring that the supplementary advice is robust in the long-term and that it achieves its intended purpose. Accordingly, NICE will be discussing with the research community how best to design, commission and carry out research with these aims in mind.
- Supplementary advice to the Appraisal Committees
- Consultation responses - View on the proposition
- Consultation responses - Wording in section 2
- Consultation responses - Alternative methods
- Consultation responses - General comments
- Summary response to consultation
This page was last updated: 04 August 2009