Technology appraisal process guides
NICE has produced a series of guides explaining its technology appraisal process for stakeholder organisations. The guides explain how to contribute to an appraisal and submit evidence.
NICE and the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) have agreed guidelines on the release of company data into the public domain during a technology appraisal.
- Patient access scheme submission template
- Single Technology Appraisals process
- Guide to the Multiple Technology Appraisal Process (reference N2022)
- Guide to the Methods of Technology Appraisal
- Contributing to a Technology Appraisal: A Guide for Patient/Carer Groups (reference N0516)
- Contributing to a Technology Appraisal: A Guide for Healthcare Professional Groups (reference N0517)
- Contributing to a Technology Appraisal: A Guide for Manufacturers and Sponsors (reference N0518)
- Contributing to a Technology Appraisal: A Guide for NHS Organisations (reference N0519)
- Appraisal Process: Guidance for Appellants (reference N0520)
- Agreement between the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) and the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) on guidelines for the release of company data into the public domain during a health technology appraisal
2013 Review of the Technology appraisals process guides
NICE is reviewing the ‘Guide to the Multiple Technology appraisal process' and the ‘Guide to the Single Technology appraisal process'.
We anticipate the revised drafts to be available for a 3-months public consultation in January 2014. Until the updated guides are published, the current versions should be used for all ongoing appraisals.
- Guide to the Multiple Technology appraisal process
- Guide to the Single Technology appraisal process
- Watch a presentation on process update project
Please note that since the recording
of this presentation and following the publication of the 2014 PPRS Heads
of Agreement there have been changes to the timing of the development of value assessment methods.
The NICE Board will be asked in the New Year to approve an addendum to the 2013 Guide Methods of Technology Appraisal which will address additional value assessment. This will be issued for consultation in the Spring with final publication and implementation in the Autumn.
Please contact Lynn Woodward at 2013TAprocess@nice.org.uk if you have further queries.
This page was last updated: 28 November 2013