2011/12 Review of the Guide to the methods of technology appraisal
NICE is reviewing the Guide to the methods of technology appraisal, which underpins the technology appraisal programme. A working party, chaired by Professor Andrew Stevens, and a steering group chaired by Professor Carole Longson, have been set up.
The review started in October 2011. In order to inform the Board best about developments in general around QALY weighting and the perspective, amongst which work done for VBP, and the planning of dissemination of academic work related to this towards the end of Oct and Nov, it is best to reschedule consideration of comments on the TA methods guide to January 2013 at the earliest.
To aid discussions by the working party set up to review the guide, six workshops have been held, on the following topics:
- Perspective of economic evaluations (10 October 2011)
- Structured decision making (31 October 2011)
- Informing patient/carer evidence submissions (14 November 2011)
- Measuring and valuing health (28 November 2011)
- QALY weighting (8 December 2011)
- Equity and equalities (13 January 2012)
See below for workshop briefing papers and reports
Consultation on the draft methods guide
The consultation on the draft guide to the methods of technology appraisal has now closed.
Until the updated guide is published, the current version should be used for all ongoing appraisals.
Please contact Lynn Woodward (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have further queries.
- Current (2008) guide to the methods of technology appraisals
- Workshop briefing papers and reports, and non workshop briefing papers
This page was last updated: 08 October 2012