NICE International contributes to better health around the world through the more effective and equitable use of resources.
It does this by providing advice on the use of evidence and social values in making clinical and policy decisions.
NICE International applies rigorous analytic methodology to:
- Put patients and the public first
- Respond to the needs and priorities of decision makers at all levels
- Emphasise an understanding of the social and cultural context
- Encourage transparent and inclusive decision making processes
NICE International also aims to undertake activities that have benefits outside of individual countries. These might include generation of knowledge products (such as case studies), preparation of tools for data collection and analysis, and facilitation of knowledge transfer among decision-makers across countries (such as through international meetings).
- More information on NICE International is available in this downloadable leaflet.
- The NICE International review highlights major projects and achievements throughout 2012
- For highlights of NICE international's work in 2011 please see the 2011 review
- Qingdao Health Bureau and NICE sign a Memorandum of Understanding
- NICE signs memorandum of understanding with South Korea´s National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency
- Upcoming NICE International technical assistance activities in India
- NICE International attended the kick off meeting of the International knowledge network for nutrition in Africa
- NICE International launches the international Decision Support Initiative
- Global Health Diplomacy at the Rockefeller Foundation Center in Bellagio, Italy - comment published in the Lancet ‘Health technology assessment in universal health coverage´
- NICE International at the Annual Meeting of the Secretariat for Science and Technology of Brazilian Ministry of Public Health
- A delegation from the Republican Centre for Healthcare Development in Kazakhstan visit NICE
- NICE International visits Cuba to scope out partnerships between NICE and the National Health System of Cuba
- NICE International is supporting Quality Standards for stroke, and HTA development in Vietnam
- Yemen Ministry of Health visit NICE
- NICE International attended and contributed to the Ghana National Health Insurance Scheme´s 10th anniversary conference, themed “Towards Universal Health Coverage: Increasing Enrolment Whilst Ensuring Sustainability”
- A senior delegation from Korea led by Inseok Park, Director General of the Bureau of Health Industry, Ministry of Health and Welfare visited NICE to discuss the Institute's role in technology adoption and the methods and processes of Health Technology Assessment. The visit underlines the on-going relationship between NICE and the Korean Ministry of Health as well as the National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Centre (NECA) and the Korean health insurance agency (HIRA).
- NICE discusses cost-effectiveness at the annual Japanese Cancer Association meeting
- NICE International carries out a scoping visit in Accra, Ghana
- NICE International leads an introductory workshop on the application of HTA in priority setting in Manila, Phillippines
- The launch of the Asia-Pacific Regional Capacity-Building for HTA Initiative (ARCH)
- Vietnamese Health Minister visits NICE
- Ministry of Health of Sri Lanka visit NICE to understand the process of establishing and maintaining a quality assurance system in the areas of maternal, neonatal care and family planning.
Read more in the NICE International news archive
NICE International (NI) has been actively involved in the Chinese Rural Health Reforms since 2009. Its main counterpart in China is the China National Health Development and Research Centre (CNHDRC), a policy think-tank part of the Ministry of Health, which has over the years been leading on policy-orientated research projects of health strategy and health system reform; academic-based research of National Health Account and payment as well as health financial protection; and application-centred project of technology assessment and policy evaluation across China. This collaboration has so far been sponsored by DFID China.
In this latest part of the project, NI engaged in a series of activities, with the aim of informing CNHDRC and MoH's evaluation of the Clinical Pathways (CP) project, particularly with regards to its impact on costs and also to its potential for saving costs without compromising outcomes, in the longer run, should it be rolled out across rural China county hospitals.
Press and journal coverage
- The Lancet Oncology, February 2014 Evidence-informed frameworks for cost-effective cancer care and prevention in low, middle, and high-income countries
- Peninsula Metropolis Daily, Huangdao District People's Hospital, innovation of reform of public hospitals - ‘The roc spreads wings and soars; a blessing for common folk' (google translation)
- Press release by Jiaonan hospital, CNHDRC clinical pathways project has made significantly progress in our hospital (google translation)
- Center for Global Development, Priority-Setting Institutions in Health, Recommendations from a Center for Global Development Working Group
- The Economist, August 2013, Britain's healthy export, How to sell the NHS. The country´s health-care system, under fire at home, is doing better as an export.
- World Bank Report, June 2013, The Challenge of Non-Communicable Diseases and Road Traffic Injuries in Sub-Saharan Africa
- BioSpectrum, June 2013, UK and India to work together on Evidence-Informed Healthcare Policy and Practice
- Joint Learning Network, May 2013, Health Technology Assessment: A useful tool for countries moving toward Universal Health Coverage
- Invest in India, May 2013 India and United Kingdom Sign MOU on cooperation in Health sector
- KeralaNext, May 2013 Kerala health policy to make good health part of development agenda
- Health Affairs, March 2013, Health Affairs published a report on the clinical pathways pilots in rural China aiming at improving quality and efficiency in a series of high burden chronic diseases, with support from NICE International.
Read more in the NICE International press and journal coverage archive
Where can I find out more?
For details on how NICE International can work with you, please email: email@example.com
- Read more about active and completed NICE International projects.
- Find out more about NICE
- Una guía rápida sobre lo que es NICE (A guide to NICE in Spanish)
- View NICE's latest annual report
- Find out more about International Accreditation.
This page was last updated: 04 March 2014