Notify a product to the Medical Technology Evaluation Programme
Technologies likely to be selected into the Medical Technologies Evaluation Programme are those which have the potential to offer substantial benefit to patients and/or the NHS compared with current practice and are likely to be adopted more consistently and more rapidly if NICE develops guidance on them. The advantages which they offer over current practice need to be clearly described, easily understood and immediately plausible. High quality scientific evidence supporting these advantages will increase the likelihood of a technology being selected for evaluation. Information about costs (even indicative costs, in the first instance) is also useful in judgements about selection.
Before completing a Notification form
Before notifying a technology, we would advise sponsors to do the following:
- Ensure your technology falls within the remit of the programme
- Ensure your product meets the programme eligibility criteria
- Read the process and methods guides, these explain the commitment required by the sponsor throughout the selection and evaluation process
Before submitting a notification we would advise all sponsors to contact the notifications team at email@example.com so we can provide advice on completing the form and guidance on the process
Completing the Notification form
You can download the notification form by following the link below. Please be aware that the information you are providing in the form will provide the basis of the Briefing Note which is presented to the Committee for selection.
If you have any queries regarding the programme or would like advise on completing the notification form please contact our notifications team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key information for Notification of technologies
- Medical technologies notification form
- Medical technologies frequently asked questions
- Definition of technologies which fall within the remit of the programme
- Eligibility criteria for the programme
- The medical technologies programme Process and Methods Guides
- Products reviewed by the Medical Technologies Advisory Committee up to March 2014
This page was last updated: 27 March 2014