About public health
Public health guidance makes recommendations for populations and individuals on activities, policies and strategies that can help prevent disease or improve health. The guidance may focus on a particular topic (such as smoking), a particular population (such as schoolchildren) or a particular setting (such as the workplace).
NICE public health guidance is aimed at public health professionals and practitioners and others with a direct or indirect role in public health within the NHS, local authorities and the wider public, voluntary, community and private sectors.
Information on using NICE guidance to promote health and wellbeing, especially for people working with local communities, is available in this leaflet.
Read more about
- Published public health guidance
- Public health guidance in development
- How we develop public health guidance
- Process methods and guides
- Public health guidance and local government
- Special public health reports
- Get involved in developing public health guidance
This page was last updated: 06 August 2012