NICE stakeholder registration
We encourage stakeholders to get involved in the development of our guidance at all stages. At NICE, the term 'stakeholder' has an official status in our guidance development process, and the definition of stakeholder differs slightly between different guidance products. Please read the stakeholder definitions for the relevant guidance and quality standard process you would like to register for.
Stakeholders can include:
- national organisations that represent patients, service users and carers; or local patient and carer organisations if there is no relevant national organisation
- national professional organisations in health and social care
- the NHS
- organisations that fund or carry out research
- companies that have an interest in the guidance being developed.
We encourage organisations to register their interest early, when we begin the process of guidance development. However, we welcome organisations who register throughout the development process, who can contribute from that point onwards.
Register as a stakeholder for:
- NICE clinical guidelines and quality standards
- NICE social care guidance and quality standards
- NICE public health guidance
- NICE diagnostic technologies guidance
You can also register as a stakeholder for good practice guidance produced by the Medicines and Prescribing Centre at NICE via the individual good practice guidance in development pages.
Finding out about guidance that NICE will be producing
For practical reasons we cannot guarantee to notify every organisation that may have an interest in the guidance that we produce. We strongly encourage potential stakeholders to:
- Regularly check the lists of guidance in development and the list of consultations currently open
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter, NICE News, which provides information on forthcoming guidance, consultations and other news.
Registering as a stakeholder
To register an interest in a particular guideline topic, potential stakeholders should complete the relevant stakeholder interest form. We need information about who your organisation is and who your represent, and contact details.
Once you have submitted a stakeholder interest form
We will write to you to confirm that you, or your organisation has been accepted as a stakeholder. If an organisation does not appear to fit the definition of a stakeholder, registration will not be accepted. For most guidance programmes, individuals are not accepted as stakeholders. If you have not received a confirmation within 28 days, contact a member of the relevant team, whose details are listed on the relevant registration form.
This page was last updated: 07 May 2013