Gastric cancer (advanced) - capecitabine (TA191)
NICE recommends capecitabine, taken with platinum-containing drugs, for some people with stomach cancer.
Who can have capecitabine?
You should be able to have capecitabine if:
- your stomach cancer is advanced and
- you have not had treatment for advanced stomach cancer before and
- your cancer cannot be removed with an operation.
This page was last updated: 26 July 2013
- Web format
- Quick reference guide (PDF)
- Full Guidance (PDF)
- TA191 Capecitabine fel triniaeth gyntaf ar gyfer canser datblygedig y stumog: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
Implementation tools and resources
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guidance, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guidance for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.