Tobacco - harm reduction: draft guidance consultation
NICE is developing public health guidance on Tobacco: harm reduction approaches to smoking.
All registered stakeholders for the above public health guidance are invited to comment on the provisional recommendations via this website during an 8 week consultation with stakeholders.
Organisations not registered as stakeholders are not able to comment. For further information about how your organisation can become a stakeholder, please see the stakeholder registration page.
Please note - the provisional recommendations presented here do not constitute NICE formal guidance on this topic. The recommendations are provisional and may change after consultation.
This consultation will take place between 24 October and 19 December 2012.
The draft guidance sets out the provisional recommendations that have been developed.
Points to consider in the consultation
- Points or areas that are not covered, but which appear to fall within the scope of the guidance.
- Potential inconsistencies or any disagreement with the Programme Development Group’s interpretation of the evidence and its applicability.
- The practical value of the provisional recommendations.
- Issues of presentation and style, including how the provisional recommendations have been grouped and ordered.
- Whether the right organisations and individuals have been identified under ‘Who should take action’ for each recommendation.
- Do you think this guidance could be improved to better promote equality of opportunity relating to age, disability, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, religion and belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic status? If so, please include details of:
- Which particular parts of the guidance you think affect equality of opportunity.
- Why and how you think equality of opportunity is affected.
- In addition are there are reasons why any of the recommendations in the guidance may result an increase in inequality of opportunity relating to age, disability, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, religion and belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic status?
How to submit your comments
Please provide all responses to this draft guidance using the stakeholder comments form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation's name). Please forward the form by 5pm on Wednesday 19 December 2012 to email@example.com
The Institute is unable to accept
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Comments received after the consultation deadline
- Comments that are not complete on a stakeholder comments form
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Comments forms with attachments such as research articles, letters or leaflets. If comments forms do have attachments they will be returned without being read. If the stakeholder resubmits the form without attachments, it must be by the consultation deadline.
What will happen to your comments?
- All comments (with the exception of personal, individual comments and late comments) will be sent to the project team at the end of the consultation
- Comments from registered stakeholders will be formally responded to by the project team and posted on the NICE website after the final guidance is published.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal, individual comments and late comments.
PLEASE NOTE: The Institute reserves the right to summarise and edit comments received during consultations, or not to publish them at all, where in the reasonable opinion of the Institute, the comments are voluminous, publication would be unlawful or publication would be otherwise inappropriate.
The following evidence was used by the Programme Development Group’s in developing the provisional recommendations. Please see appendix C (‘The Evidence’) of the draft guidance for further details.
This page was last updated: 03 December 2012