NICE commissions report on valuing innovation
NICE has commissioned Professor Sir Ian Kennedy to conduct a short study on valuing innovation.
The study will look at:
- What approach should be adopted by NICE to ensure that innovation is properly taken into account when establishing the value of new health technologies?
- Should particular forms of value be considered more important than others?
- How should innovation in health technologies be defined?
- What is the relationship between innovation and value?
The study will gather evidence through:
- written submissions
- workshops with interested parties
- the NICE Citizens' Council meeting in May 2009 which will also consider these issues
A report will be prepared for the NICE Board to consider at its public meeting in July 2009.
Call for written evidence
Professor Sir Ian Kennedy is now accepting written evidence. To make a submission, please email it to InnovationStudy@nice.org.uk. Please contact Amy Kelsey, R&D Coordinator (020 7045 2096) if you have any practical problems with making your submission this way.
The deadline for submissions is 3 April 2009 (5pm). All evidence submitted to the study will be published on the NICE website and may be used in presentations at workshops.
This page was last updated: 07 April 2009