Shared Learning Awards 2012 short list
Congratulations to all those organisations that have been short listed. With over 50 examples of implementation submitted to the database, the standard was extremely high. The short list panel found the following 20 projects to be very innovative and of the 20 selected, three were chosen to give a formal five minute presentation in a plenary session at the NICE Annual Conference.
The overall winner, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, was chosen by the audience at the NICE Conference in May 2013.
Three conference plenary presentations
- The development of an integrated, coordinated and family centred Neonatal Neuroprotection Service across the East of England-Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Improving the quality of care through implementing the NICE 'alcohol use disorders' guidelines-Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust
- Assessing the impact of implementing a hospital discharge COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) care bundle on the respiratory ward at West Middlesex University Hospital-West Middlesex University Hospital
Three conference 'quick fire' shared learning presentations
- Evolving a comprehensive, integrated and effective Trust wide strategy in optimising the management of deteriorating patients-North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Trust
- In the balance : Development of a model Occupational Health system based on the NICE Obesity Guidance (Clinical Guidance CG 43 ) for detecting , assessing and managing overweight and obesity in NHS staff in an Acute Hospital Trust-Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- Developing resources for improved CKD management in primary care-NIHR CLAHRC for Greater Manchester
- Successful Implementation & evaluation of Adult Obesity care Pathway-Retford Health
- Setting up a home dialysis programme for patients with stage 5 chronic kidney disease (CKD)- Central Manchester Foundation Trust CMFT
- Prevalence of malnutrition in nursing, care and residential homes in Walsall-Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
- Making NICE Happen in Primary Care - Make it Easy-NHS Kent and Medway
- Improving access to psychological care after stroke-NHS Improvement
- Using the Quality Standard for specialist neonatal care to inform local quality improvement work in an acute trust-Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- De-medicalising long term sickness absence, human solutions to 'stress' and common mental health problems-Leicestershire Fit for Work Service
- Nurse-led care for patients after a TIA-Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- NICE care - preventing venous thromboembolism-Royal College of Nursing
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia genetic screening clinics-Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Closing the gap between evidence and practice in primary care: Development and testing of review criteria for the management of osteoporosis and depression in North East England-NHS South of Tyne and Wear
- Supporting NICE hypertension guidance-Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- SADIE - a local education programme for people with Type 1 diabetes-Eastbourne District General Hospital
- Delivering Family Interventions -The Meriden Family Programme
- Read the Shared Learning Awards short list criteria.
- Submit an example of putting NICE guidance into practice to be considered for the 2013 awards.
This page was last updated: 22 May 2013