This guideline covers best practice in developing and delivering cancer services for adults. It aims to ensure that that people with cancer, and their families and carers, are well informed, cared for and supported from before formal diagnosis onward.
NICE’s guidance on advanced breast cancer that complements the cancer service guidance.
The guideline includes recommendations on:
- patient and carer involvement
- psychological, social and spiritual support services
- general and specialist palliative care services
- rehabilitation services
- complementary therapy services
- services for families and carers
- workforce development
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals
- Commissioners and providers
- People with cancer, their families and carers
Guideline development process
Next review: November 2019