We have over 800 examples showing how our guidance and standards can improve local health and social care services.
Ideal if you're responsible for making changes to service delivery.
Our case studies include examples of using our guidance and standards in:
- Quality improvement.
- Integration of services.
- Efficiency changes.
Submit an example
We're currently reviewing the shared learning programme. We're not accepting new submissions at this time, but the collection remains available to use.
We'll share an update as soon as we can. Please email SharedLearning@nice.org.uk if you have any queries.
About the shared learning examples
Our shared learning examples show how NICE guidance and standards have been put into practice by a range of health, local government and social care organisations.
Each example must:
- Highlight learning that could be useful to others.
- Be written in easy to understand English, free from jargon.
- Have clear objectives, including an explanation of what was happening before the project, why it was needed and how it was implemented.
- Outline any barriers the organisation faced when implementing the project and the methods used to overcome these.
- Outline the effect the change had on service performance and outcomes through an evaluation process.
- Declare any third party sponsorship.
We check that they are in line with our recommendations and quality statements. Examples are written by the submitting organisation and shouldn't be interpreted as our formal endorsement of the approach taken.
Each year we pick a selection of shared learning examples that deserve special recognition. The awards are presented at the NICE Conference.
The feedback we have had from publication online has been great – we’ve had several enquiries from CCGs and other Trusts, and I’ve had a few invites to speak to share our experiences.2019 shortlisted case study - Dr Thomas Bewick, Consultant Respiratory Physician, Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust