Over 500 examples showing how our guidance and standards can improve local health and social care services.
Ideal if you're responsible for making changes to service delivery.
Includes examples of using our guidance and standards in:
- Quality improvement.
- Integration of services.
- Efficiency changes.
About the shared learning examples
These show how NICE guidance and standards have been put into practice by a range of health, local government and social care organisations.
Each example must:
- highlight learning that could be useful to others
- be written in easy to understand English, free from jargon
- have clear objectives, including an explanation of what was happening before the project, why it was needed and how it was implemented
- outline any barriers the organisation faced when implementing the project and the methods used to overcome these
- outline the effect the change had on service performance and outcomes through an evaluation process
- declare any third party sponsorship.
We check that they are in line with our recommendations and quality statements. Examples are written by the submitting organisation and shouldn't be interpreted as our formal endorsement of the approach taken.
Help with submitting an example
Each year we pick a selection of shared learning examples that deserve special recognition. The awards are presented at the NICE Conference.
Submit your example by Friday 11 January 2019 to be in time for next year's awards.
Since our shared learning example was published we have been contacted by many centres from around the UK, allowing us to share our project and learn from others.2016 winner Dr Emma Greig – Consultant Gastroenterologist, Somerset Gastroenterology Flexible Healthcare Team.