Over 500 examples of using our guidance and standards to improve local health and social care services.
Submit an example
Tell us how you've made improvements in your organisation.
- Share best practice.
- Showcase innovation.
- Get shortlisted for the annual NICE Shared Learning Awards.
Find a case study
Ideal if you're responsible for making changes to service delivery. Includes examples of using our guidance and standards in:
- Quality improvement.
- Integration of services.
- Efficiency changes.
Shared Learning Awards
About the shared learning examples
These show how NICE guidance and standards have been put into practice by a range of health, local government and social care organisations.
Every year the best examples are recognised at the Shared Learning Awards.
Each example must:
- highlight learning that could be useful to others
- be written in easy to understand English, free from jargon
- have clear objectives, including an explanation of what was happening before the project, why it was needed and how it was implemented
- outline any barriers the organisation faced when implementing the project and the methods used to overcome these
- outline the effect the change had on service performance and outcomes through an evaluation process
- declare any third party sponsorship.
We check that the examples are in line with our recommendations and quality statements. The examples are written by the submitting organisation and shouldn't be interpreted as