This consultation closed on:
13 October 2021
Rapid access to clinically and cost-effective health technologies is vital to patients and their families, the NHS and the life sciences industry.
As health technologies advance, so too must our methods and processes for selecting and evaluating them. Reviewing our methods and processes helps us to be faster, flexible, more responsive and transparent in supporting the needs of the health and care system and the life sciences industry. This also allows us to evaluate new and emerging health technologies and bring them to patients sooner.
Objectives of the consultation
We wanted your views on:
- our proposals
- how we've taken the evidence and considerations into account
- any potential effects and implications.
- Read the consultation overview (Word).
- Read the proposal papers:
- Introduction paper (Word)
- Topic selection proposal paper (Word)
- Process proposal paper (Word)
- Methods proposal paper (Word)
We held a series of virtual events to explain our proposals:
- Methods focus (Tuesday 24 August, 4 to 5pm).
- Highly specialised technologies criteria focus (Wednesday 1 September, 4 to 5pm).
- Our process and topic selection proposals (Wednesday 8 September, 1 to 2pm).
- Methods review: a focus on modifiers (Thursday 9 September, 2 to 3pm).