NICE guidelines are evidence-based recommendations for health and care in England.
They set out the care and services suitable for most people with a specific condition or need, and people in particular circumstances or settings.
Our guidelines help health and social care professionals to:
- prevent ill health
- promote and protect good health
- improve the quality of care and services
- adapt and provide health and social care services.
- social care
- public health
- medicines practice
- cancer services
- antimicrobial prescribing.
- Choosing topics
- Timeline of the process
- Guidelines development manual
- Making decisions
- Prescribing medicines
- Professional guidelines, standards and laws
- Register as a stakeholder
- Join a guideline committee
- Consultations and workshops
- The benefits
- How we support
- Our collaborations