We measure the use of NICE guidance and standards using data from national audits and reports, journal papers and local audits. Where possible, we show the changes in use over time.
This data can be used to:
- find audits relating to NICE recommendations
- assess levels of uptake over time
- compare guidance uptake at a regional and national level.
You can also find uptake information in the 'resources' section of individual guidance.
Submit your uptake data
Add your local audit data to our database.
Organisations can compare audit results and provide evidence to regulators such as the Care Quality Commission.
Helping you with audit
Our Impact Audit Publications Planner has details of current and future national audit publications.
- Where possible, we show the NICE guidance and quality standards that have been measured.
- For published audits, the uptake data is mapped to recommendations and quality measures (and is available in the uptake database).
Download the planner Excel 411 Kb
Quality standard service improvement template
Helps providers to make an initial assessment of their service compared with a selection of quality statements. It includes:
- assessing current practice
- recording an action plan
- monitoring quality improvement.