How has our guidance been used in practice?
NICEimpact reports review how our guidance is used to improve the health and care of people.
We base the reports on data from national audits, reports, journal papers, surveys and indicator frameworks. They also include insights from patients and experts in the field.
Data on the use of guidance and quality standards
Data that can be used to:
- assess levels of uptake of our guidance over time
- compare guidance uptake at a regional and national level.
The information is from national audits, reports, journal papers, survey and indicator frameworks.
Quality standard service improvement template
Our tempate helps providers make an initial assessment of their service compared with a selection of quality statements. It includes:
- assessing current practice
- recording an action plan
- monitoring quality improvement.
Audit publications planner
Our audit publications planner has details of current and future national audit publications that show the uptake of our guidance.
- Where possible, we show the NICE guidance and quality standards that have been measured.
- For published audits, the uptake data is mapped to recommendations and quality measures (and is available in the uptake database).
The Innovation Scorecard reports on the use of medicines and medical technologies in the NHS in England which have been positively appraised by NICE.