Our publication scheme lists all of the information we routinely make available, and where you can find it.
We publish most of the information below on our website, but not all. For any information we don't publish, we've explained how it can be accessed. We also publish some of our information on data.gov.uk.
Who we are and what we do
You can find information about who we are and what we do:
You can find information about our organisational structure on our structure of NICE pages.
What we spend and how we spend it
You can find out more about what we spend and how we spend it in our:
- Annual business plan.
- Standing financial instructions.
- Information on capital expenditure. You'll find this in the finance and workforce report section in our public board papers.
- Annual report. This includes our annual statement of accounts. You'll find annual reports from previous years in our public board papers for July of each year.
- Financial audit. This isn't published on our website. Please contact us if you'd like to request this information.
- Monthly expenditure over £25,000 data.
- Board and senior management team allowances and expenses. We publish the board and senior management team expenses annually.
- Supplier payment performance data.
- Contracts over £10,000 data. This isn't published on our website. Please contact us if you'd like to request this information.
- Corporate credit card expenditure data. This information includes general business expenditure of £500 or more, charged to NICE corporate credit cards.
View our corporate credit card transactions of £500 or more
Staff pay, organograms and grading structures
The government has committed to improved transparency about how it spends public money. You can find information about our staff roles and salaries on data.gov.uk.
The pay structure for directors is listed in the annual report and accounts. The pay structure for staff is determined by the NHS Agenda for Change pay scales.
Details of all sources of funding are listed in the annual report and accounts.
Procurement and tendering procedures
What are our priorities and how are we doing?
You can find out more about our business targets for the forthcoming year in our business plan.
The innovation scorecard reports on the use of medicines and medical technologies in the NHS in England which have been positively appraised by NICE.
The Chief Executive's report sets out progress in delivering the business plan and measures agreed with the Department of Health and Social Care. You'll find the report in our public board papers.
How we make decisions
We publish agendas, minutes and papers from our main management meetings. In some cases, these are made available 6 months after a meeting. We sometimes redact information that we consider to be private to the meeting, or exempt from disclosure.
We also engage with patient, carers, and the public. We conduct public consultations on our draft guidance recommendations.
We hold public board meetings every 2 months. We publish all agendas, papers and minutes for the public meetings, and keep them on our website for 2 years. Archived papers more than 2 years old are available on request.
Minutes and agendas from senior management team meetings are published on the website 6 months after the meeting. Papers are available on request.
We hold guidance executive meetings every week. They are part of the process of guidance production. The papers are available on request, but only when the guidance they refer to has been published.
Patient and public involvement
Find out more about our Public Involvement Programme and how it involves patients, cares and the public in the work of NICE.
We conduct public consultations on all of our guidance. View our current consultations.
Our policies and procedures
We publish our policies, procedures and codes of practice relating to the governance of NICE. This includes policies relating to data protection, and equality and diversity.
Lists and registers
The lists and registers we make available include:
- Main contractors. This information isn't on our website, contact us to find out more.
- Board interests register.
- Gifts and hospitality provided to board members and directors.
Services we offer
The main function of NICE is to provide guidance in the fields of health, public health and social care. We also provide a web-based service called NICE Evidence Resources. This helps people access:
- high-quality clinical and non-clinical evidence
- best practice in the NHS
- the accreditation of evidence providers.
The copyright in the material listed in this publication scheme is owned by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence unless otherwise stated.
The supply of documents under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 does not give the recipient of that information the right to re-use the documents in a way that would infringe the copyright of NICE or any third party copyright, for example, by commercial use. Brief extracts of the material may be reproduced under the fair dealing provisions of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 for the purposes of research for non-commercial purposes, private study, criticism, review and news reporting.
Further details are available in our terms and conditions of use.