Support a quality standard to:
- promote the national vision for health and social care
- show your commitment to quality improvement
- raise awareness
- help us make sure that quality standards are used in practice and continue to be relevant.
What is involved?
Supporting organisations play an essential role in helping us promote quality standards.
If you become a supporting organisation:
- We will ask you to:
- include a link to the quality standard on your website
- promote and encourage use of the quality standard through your networks.
- Your organisation's name will be added to the quality standard page on our website.
- We can support you with:
- presentations for conferences and speaking engagements
- articles or features for publication
- examples of using the standards for quality improvement
- submissions to our collection of local practice examples.
You can find out more about the benefits of being a supporting organisation from this infographic.
We are looking for national organisations representing:
- commissioners or providers of care described in the quality standard
- professionals and practitioners who provide the care described in the quality standard
- people whose care is covered by the quality standard (for example user, patient, carer, charity and other non-governmental organisations).
Take a look at our published quality standards to see examples of supporting organisations.
What if I am not eligible?
Even though local and regional organisations are not eligible to act as official supporting organisations, they are key in implementing quality standards and using them in practice.
We would love to hear about how you have used quality standards for quality improvement. You can do this by submitting your case study via our Shared Learning collection.
This can help other organisations in planning quality improvement initiatives and give your organisation a chance of being shortlisted for our annual Shared Learning Awards.
If your organisation has developed resources to support the use of our quality standards then it may be eligible for our endorsement.
How can I get involved?
You can express interest in supporting a quality standard at any time during its development and after publication. You will only be asked to offer formal support after you’ve had the chance to review the final document.
Contact us by email at Qualitystandards@nice.org.uk.
“We chose to support the quality standard to ensure we represented the voice of people with lung disease.
We promote the quality standards through our social media pages and in our work to advise and engage with CCGs on best practice.
We believe supporting quality standards strengthens our work as a charity with expertise and medical research at its heart.”
Steven Wibberley, Chief Operating Officer, British Lung Foundation