Public Health Advisory Committees (PHACs) are the standing committees responsible for the development of NICE public health guidance.
Each PHAC consists of a Chair, core and topic expert members. NICE has multiple PHACs in operation at any one time. Guidance topics are allocated to a PHAC following
Members are drawn from the NHS, local government, healthcare professions, academia and the wider public health community.
Next meeting dates
There are multiple public health advisory committees (PHAC). Meetings are held in both Manchester and London.
Committee A meetings are held in London
- Monday 6 and Tuesday 7 April 2020.
Committee B meetings are held in Manchester
Mental wellbeing at work:
- Tuesday 25 February 2020.
Committee C meetings are held in London
- Monday 9 March 2020
- Monday 18 May 2020
- Monday 20 and Tuesday 21 July 2020
- Monday 5 and Tuesday 6 October 2020
- Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 December 2020
- Monday 1 and Tuesday 2 February 2021.
Committee D meetings are held in Manchester
Managing common infections:
- Tuesday 3 March 2020
- Wednesday 1 April 2020
- Monday 11 and Tuesday 12 May 2020
- Tuesday 16 June 2020
- Thursday 23 July 2020
- Tuesday 25 August 2020
- Tuesday 29 September 2020
- Tuesday 3 November 2020
- Tuesday 8 December 2020
Committee E meetings are held in Manchester
- Thursday 6 and Friday 7 February 2020
- Tuesday 31 March 2020
- Friday 12 June 2020.
Committee F meetings are held in London
- Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 March 2020
- Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 April 2020
- Tuesday 22 and Wednesday 23 September 2020.
Dates and venues are subject to change.