Public Health Advisory Committees (PHACs) are the standing committees responsible for the development of NICE public health guidance.
Each PHAC consists of a Chair, core and topic expert members. NICE has multiple PHACs in operation at any one time. Guidance topics are allocated to a PHAC following
Members are drawn from the NHS, local government, healthcare professions, academia and the wider public health community.
Next meeting dates
There are multiple public health advisory committees (PHAC). Meetings are held in both Manchester and London.
Committee A meetings are held in London
- Tuesday 16 July 2019
- Thursday 3 and Friday 4 October 2019
Committee B meetings are held in Manchester
Indoor air quality at home:
- Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 September 2019
Committee C meetings are held in London
Alcohol in schools:
- Thursday 31 October and Friday 1 November 2019
- Monday 16 December 2019
Committee D meetings are held in Manchester
Managing common infections:
- Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 July 2019
- Tuesday 3 September 2019
- Tuesday 8 October 2019
- Tuesday 12 November 2019
- Thursday 19 December 2019
Committee E meetings are held in Manchester
- Friday 19 July 2019
Committee F meetings are held in London
- Tuesday 2 July 2019
- Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 November 2019
Dates and venues are subject to change.