Public Health Advisory Committees (PHACs) are the standing committees responsible for the development of NICE public health guidance.
Each PHAC consists of a Chair, core and topic expert members. NICE has multiple PHACs in operation at any one time. Guidance topics are allocated to a PHAC following
Members are drawn from the NHS, local government, healthcare professions, academia and the wider public health community.
Next meeting dates
There are multiple public health advisory committees (PHAC). Meetings are held in both Manchester and London.
Committee A meetings are held in London
- Friday 15 February 2019
- Monday 8 April 2019
- Monday 3 June 2019
- Tuesday 16 July 2019
- Thursday 3 and Friday 4 October 2019.
Committee B meetings are held in Manchester
Indoor air quality at home:
- Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 November 2018
- Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 May 2019.
Committee C meetings are held in London
Alcohol in schools:
- Thursday 11 and Friday 12 April 2019.
Committee D meetings are held in Manchester
Managing common infections:
- Tuesday 13 November 2018
- Wednesday 19 December 2018.
Committee E meetings are held in Manchester
- Wednesday 12 December 2018
- Thursday 7 and Friday 8 February 2019
- Thursday 18 and Friday 19 July 2019.
Committee F meetings are held in London
- Wednesday 6 February 2019
- Tuesday 26 March 2019
- Wednesday 15 May 2019
- Tuesday 2 and Wednesday 3 July 2019
- Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Tuesday 5 November 2019.
Dates and venues are subject to change.