Public health advisory committees (PHACs) are the standing committees responsible for the development of our public health guidance.
Each committee consists of a chair, core and topic expert members. We have multiple committees in operation at any one time. Guidance topics are allocated to a committee following referral from the Department of Health. The allocated committee considers the evidence and makes recommendations for people working in the NHS, local government and in the wider public, private and voluntary sectors.
Members are drawn from the NHS, local government, healthcare professions, academia and the wider public health community.
Next meeting dates
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all our public health advisory committee meetings are currently being held virtually.
Mental wellbeing at work:
- Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 May 2021
- Thursday 3 and Friday 4 June 2021
- Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 September 2021.
Social, emotional and mental wellbeing in primary and secondary education:
- Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 May 2021 (cancelled)
- Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 June 2021
- Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 August 2021
- Thursday 23 and Wednesday 24 September 2021.
Managing common infections:
- Thursday 8 July 2021 (cancelled)
- Tuesday 10 August 2021 (cancelled)
- Tuesday 14 September 2021 (cancelled)
- Tuesday 19 October 2021
- Tuesday 23 November 2021.
- Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 May 2021 (cancelled).
- To be confirmed.
Dates and venues are subject to change.