The quality standards advisory committees (QSAC) are independent committees that help to develop our quality standards.
We have 3 committees who:
- prioritise areas for quality improvement
- advise on the content of our quality standards in development
- review our current quality standards.
The committees are independent. They consist of professionals, practitioners and lay members from a range of roles across health and social care.
Committees have a core membership who work across quality standard topics, we call these standing members. Standing members are joined by specialist committee members who are experts in a particular topic area.
Specialist members help to develop a particular standard. They join the QSAC to help:
- refine the draft quality statements
- look at stakeholder feedback
- consider the impact of the standard on resources
- review issues around equality
- advise on other tools and resources to accompany the standard.
All members of the committees have equal status, which reflects the relevance and importance of their different expertise and experience.
Next meeting dates
There are 3 quality standards advisory committees (QSAC). Due to the coronavirus pandemic, our quality standards advisory committee meetings are currently being held virtually.
- Thursday 2 July 2020 (cancelled)
- Thursday 20 August 2020
- Thursday 3 September 2020
- Thursday 1 October 2020
- Tuesday 3 November 2020
- Thursday 3 December 2020.
- Tuesday 14 July 2020 (cancelled)
- Tuesday 11 August 2020
- Tuesday 8 September 2020
- Tuesday 13 October 2020
- Tuesday 10 November 2020
- Tuesday 8 December 2020.
- Wednesday 24 June 2020 (cancelled)
- Wednesday 22 July 2020
- Wednesday 16 September 2020
- Wednesday 14 October 2020
- Wednesday 18 November 2020
- Wednesday 16 December 2020.
Minutes from previous meetings
The minutes detail the decisions made by the committee during the development of quality standard topics.