The Quality Standards Advisory Committees (QSAC) are independent committees that help to develop our quality standards.
We have 3 committees who:
- prioritise areas for quality improvement
- advise on the content of our quality standards in development
- review our current quality standards.
The committees are independent. They consist of professionals, practitioners and lay members from a range of roles across health and social care.
Committees have a core membership who work across quality standard topics, we call these standing members. Standing members are joined by specialist committee members who are experts in a particular topic area.
Specialist members help to develop a particular standard. They join the QSAC to help:
- refine the draft quality statements
- look at stakeholder feedback
- consider the impact of the standard on resources
- review issues around equality
- advise on other tools and resources to accompany the standard.
All members of the committees have equal status, which reflects the relevance and importance of their different expertise and experience.
Next meeting dates
There are 3 quality standards advisory committees (QSAC). All QSAC meetings are held at NICE, Level 1A, City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester M1
- Thursday 4 October 2018 (CANCELLED)
- Thursday 1 November 2018
- Thursday 6 December 2018.
- Tuesday 9 October 2018 (CANCELLED)
- Tuesday 13 November 2018
- Tuesday 11 December 2018.
- Wednesday 19 September 2018
- Wednesday 17 October 2018
- Wednesday 21 November 2018
- Tuesday 18 December 2018
- Wednesday 19 December 2018 (CANCELLED).
Minutes from previous meetings
The minutes detail the decisions made by the committee during the development of quality standard topics.