The quality standards advisory committees (QSAC) are independent committees that help to develop our quality standards.
We have 3 committees who:
- prioritise areas for quality improvement
- advise on the content of our quality standards in development
- review our current quality standards.
The committees are independent. They consist of professionals, practitioners and lay members from a range of roles across health and social care.
Committees have a core membership who work across quality standard topics - we call these standing members. Standing members are joined by specialist committee members who are experts in a particular topic area.
Specialist members help to develop a particular standard. They join the QSAC to help:
- refine the draft quality statements
- look at stakeholder feedback
- consider the impact of the standard on resources
- review issues around equality
- advise on other tools and resources to accompany the standard.
All members of the committees have equal status, which reflects the relevance and importance of their different expertise and experience.
Next meeting dates
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, our quality standards advisory committee meetings are currently being held virtually.
- Tuesday 11 May 2021
- Tuesday 8 June 2021
- Tuesday 13 July 2021
- Tuesday 21 September 2021
- Tuesday 12 October 2021
- Tuesday 9 November 2021
- Tuesday 14 December 2021.
- Wednesday 28 April 2021
- Wednesday 19 May 2021 (Cancelled)
- Wednesday 16 June 2021
- Wednesday 21 July 2021
- Wednesday 29 September 2021
- Wednesday 27 October 2021
- Wednesday 17 November 2021
- Wednesday 8 December 2021.
Minutes from previous meetings
The minutes detail the decisions made by the committee during the development of quality standard topics.