The Quality Standards Advisory Committees (QSAC) are independent committees that help to develop our quality standards.
We have 3 committees who:
- prioritise areas for quality improvement
- advise on the content of our quality standards in development
- review our current quality standards.
The committees are independent. They consist of professionals, practitioners and lay members from a range of roles across health and social care.
Committees have a core membership who work across quality standard topics, we call these standing members. Standing members are joined by specialist committee members who are experts in a particular topic area.
Specialist members help to develop a particular standard. They join the QSAC to help:
- refine the draft quality statements
- look at stakeholder feedback
- consider the impact of the standard on resources
- review issues around equality
- advise on other tools and resources to accompany the standard.
All members of the committees have equal status, which reflects the relevance and importance of their different expertise and experience.
Next meeting dates
There are 3 quality standards advisory committees (QSAC). All QSAC meetings are held at NICE, Level 1A, City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester M1
- Thursday 4 April 2019
- Thursday 2 May 2019 CANCELLED
- Thursday 6 June 2019
- Thursday 4 July 2019
- Thursday 5 September 2019
- Thursday 3 October 2019
- Thursday 7 November 2019
- Thursday 12 December 2019.
- Tuesday 12 March 2019 CANCELLED
- Tuesday 9 April 2019
- Tuesday 21 May 2019
- Tuesday 11 June 2019
- Tuesday 9 July 2019
- Tuesday 10 September 2019
- Tuesday 22 October 2019
- Tuesday 12 November 2019
- Tuesday 10 December 2019.
- Wednesday 23 January 2019
- Wednesday 20 February 2019
- Wednesday 20 March 2019
- Wednesday 24 April 2019
- Wednesday 15 May 2019
- Wednesday 19 June 2019
- Wednesday 17 July 2019
- Wednesday 18 September 2019
- Wednesday 16 October 2019
- Wednesday 20 November 2019
- Friday 6 December 2019
Minutes from previous meetings
The minutes detail the decisions made by the committee during the development of quality standard topics.