NICE guidelines are evidence-based recommendations for health and care in England.
They set out the care and services suitable for most people with a specific condition or need, and people in particular circumstances or settings.
Our guidelines help health and social care professionals to:
- prevent ill health
- promote and protect good health
- improve the quality of care and services
- adapt and provide health and social care services.
- social care
- public health
- medicines practice
- cancer services
- antimicrobial prescribing.
- choosing topics
- timeline of the process
- guidelines development manual.
- making decisions
- prescribing medicines
- professional guidelines, standards and laws.
- register as a stakeholder
- join a guideline committee
- consultations and workshops.
- the benefits
- how we support
- our collaborations.
- important dates in development process
- links to all guidelines in development.