Centre for Guidelines (CfG)
Develops guidance on
- the promotion of good health
- the prevention of ill health
- the appropriate treatment and care for people with specific diseases and conditions
- social care and service delivery.
The guidance is used by those working in the NHS, local government, social care, patients and their families.
Centre for Health Technology Evaluation (CHTE)
Develops guidance on the use of new and existing treatments within the NHS, such as medicines, medical technologies and surgical procedures.
Health and Social Care Directorate
Produces a range of products to improve quality within the NHS.
- Quality standards
- Medicines and Prescribing Programme
- British National Formulary (BNF)
- Accreditation Advisory Committee
- Fellows and Scholars Programme
- Public Involvement Programme
- NICE field team
- NICE Pathways
- Implementation of guidance
- Health Technologies Adoption Programme (HTAP)
- Evidence Search Student Champion Scheme
- Shared learning
Evidence Resources Directorate
Maintains and builds NICE’s digital services.
Provides access to quality information to support guidance development and other NICE programmes, identifying, selecting and appraising new evidence.
Commissions and manages contracts for online content available to NHS England through NICE Evidence Search.
Raises awareness of our work.
Business Planning and Resources Directorate
Responsible for our:
- business planning
- human resources
- corporate governance
- IT services
- estates and facilities.