Centre for Guidelines (CfG)
Develops guidance on:
- the promotion of good health
- the prevention of ill health
- the appropriate treatment and care for people with specific diseases and conditions
- social care and service delivery.
Find out more about how we develop guidelines.
The guidance is used by those working in the NHS, local government, social care, patients and their families.
- clinical guidelines
- public health guidelines
- social care guidelines.
Centre for Health Technology Evaluation (CHTE)
Develops guidance on the use of new and existing treatments within the NHS, such as medicines, medical technologies and surgical procedures.
Health and Social Care Directorate
Produces a range of products to improve quality within the NHS.
- quality standards
- Medicines and Prescribing Programme
- British National Formulary (BNF)
- accreditation advisory committee
- Fellows and Scholars Programme
- Public Involvement Programme
- NICE field team
- NICE Pathways
- implementation of guidance
- Health Technologies Adoption Programme (HTAP)
- student champion scheme
- shared learning.
Science, Evidence and Analytics Directorate
Brings together the latest thinking and practice on using science, evidence and data to deliver NICE’s work.
- science policy and research
- EUnetHTA and international collaboration
- special scientific projects
- research recommendations
- information services
- evidence services
- UK PharmaScan
- Healthcare Database Advanced Search (HDAS)
- Evidence search
- intellectual property and reuse of NICE content
- data and analytics.
Digital, Information and Technology Directorate
Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of NICE’s externally facing digital operations.
Develops and maintains our internal guidance production systems.
Manages our IT operations and infrastructure.
Raises awareness of our work.
Finance, Strategy and Transformation Directorate
- business planning
- human resources
- corporate governance
- estates and facilities.