Our diagnostics assessment recommendations are prepared by an independent advisory committee called the diagnostics advisory committee (DAC).
Standing committee members are appointed for a 2 or 3 year term and specialist committee members are appointed for the specific topic under consideration and serve for the duration of that assessment.
Committee members are drawn from:
- the NHS
- patient and carer organisations
- the diagnostics industry.
Although the committee seeks the views of organisations representing health professionals, patients, carers, manufacturers and government, its advice is independent of any vested interests.
Next meeting dates
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all our diagnostic advisory committee meetings are currently being held virtually.
- Thursday 15 April 2021 - cancelled
- Wednesday 12 May 2021 - cancelled
- Tuesday 15 June 2021
- Wednesday 14 July 2021
- Thursday 19 August 2021
- Thursday 16 September 2021
- Wednesday 20 October 2021
- Wednesday 17 November 2021.
Dates and venues are subject to change.